SPATFREE 113® - Welding Anti Spatter and flux - applied by brush or spray
Silicone free, Non Polluting, Non flammable and Non toxic Liquid. Tested by NABL lab and passes Load, Bend, Radiographic tests and shows improvement in weld joint quality with it's use
Revolutionize The Art of Welding with SPATFREE® 113
SpatFree 113 is tested by NABL accredited lab in Mumbai, India whose results are approved by various government departments & leading inspection agencies. The test results shows that SpatFree 113 passes all mechanical tests like Load tests, Bend tests, Tensile tests & Radiography tests satisfactorily, showing improvement in weld joint quality with use of SpatFree 113.
Due to this technological breakthrough product, it is proven that you can eliminate labourious & time - consuming chipping or grinding operations totally to remove weld spatters and obtain better weld joint quality.
| Welding done - without applying SpatFree 113
- welding spatters are near weld seam area
| Welding done - after applying SpatFree113
- near seam area is totally free from welding spatters
SpatFree 113 Benefits :
- Silicone free Liquid form - hence no further painting related problems due to Silicone like paint peel off
- Grinding & Chipping - Time consuming & Labourious process - NOT required to remove welding spatters
- Slags are easily removed
- Cleaning cost is drastically reduced - around 75%
- Increase productivity - by 10%
- Increase in welder's efficiency - by 25%
- Gives dense & clean weld joint
- Gaseous & non-metallic inclusions are minimized
- Spatters removes gently – maintaining smooth parent surface
- Depth of penetration is increased
- Acts as a temporary rust preventive - hence useful in avoiding weld edge / V-groove flash rusting & hence discards re-grinding of weld edge / V-groove just before welding. So, re-grinding time and cost is saved.
Metallurgical Aspects Of SpatFree 113 - Anti Spatter Liquid
- The steel contains 0.01% to 0.02% Oxygen. The oxygen content in the weld metal is as much as 0.02% to 0.03%. Excess oxygen has an adverse effect on the mechanical properties of the weld metal (specially impact strength) apart from formation of additional Ferrous Oxide.
- Oxygen content in the weld metal varies with arc length, welding current and the type of shielding employed.The coating of the electrode promotes a shield of slag that is not adequate, even with standard quality of electrode, to have lower level of oxygen in the metal.
- The contact of air with the weld pool may also increase the nitrogen content in the weld metal and that is very harmful. In open arc welding, the weld metal may contain as much as 0.12% to 0.18% of Nitrogen, while the parent metal contains 0.001% to 0.008% of Nitrogen only. The gaseous inclusions bring down the impact strength of the weld metal which in turn causes weld failure.
- The coating of SpatFree 113 helps to remove this problem, in the weld pool. This coating acts as a flux when the arc is formed, developing a film over the weld metal. This film protects this weld pool from the surrounding air, which is by and large very active, thus minimizing the reaction of Nitrogen and oxygen with the surrounding area. This action helps to get a clean and dense weld with improved mechanical and metallurgical properties.
Refinement of Metal :
Apart from protecting the weld pool form the ambient atmosphere, the coating, acting as a flux also partly removes oxygen from the molten metal by de-oxidation. The oxides being lighter than metal formed by de-oxidation of the weld pool floats up and is removed along with the molten slag, SpatFree 113 helps to refine the weld metal and improves the mechanical properties. Slag does not stick to the surface and is easily removed. Deep penetration of weld metal is yet another achievement.
Noise / Air pollution Control Comparisions with SpatFree 113 Welding Anti Spatter Liquid / Anti Spatter Spray / compound
- It provides dense and clean weld.
- It helps to get rid off the chipping and grinding operation to remove the spatters so as to have a clean surface.
- The second feature of this compound has become more pronounced because of its direct impact in maintaining the clean environment at the work place in any industry. This has been noticed by a number of senior executives from different industries particularly the ISO-14000 organizations. It is imperative for them to maintain the work place clean and for that; they need to compromise on a number process/products, which are not environment friendly. In these circumstances the use of SpatFree 113 helps to avoid a precarious situation because of its anti spatter compound characteristic. It is advantageous since the absence of chipping and grinding operation improves the environment of the working place reducing the noise as well as dust pollution as shown under:-
|Categories||Noise pollution||Air pollution
(Concentration of SPM*)
|Without coating||150 db (A) leq (8h) and above||More than 1200 mg/m3|
|With coating of SpatFree 113||50 db (A) leq (8h) and below||Upto 150 mg/m3|
|Permissible limit of WHO for industries||Upto 75 db (A) leq (8h)||Upto 200 mg/m3
* Solid Particulate Matter
- As is evident, it reduces the SPM (Solid Particulate Matter) concentration in the working place from as high as 1200 mg/m3 to below 150 mg/m3 ; though the recommended level is 250 mg/m3 .To maintain the health standard in a workshop and to improve the environment at the working place, WHO has stipulated a minimum level for noise and air pollution (as shown above) beyond which it creates health hazards. The manual of ISO-14000 too confirms this aspect.